- Do I have to pay the costs for post and packaging?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- How do I pay?
- Do I have to make a foreign transfer?
- If I send the pharmacy a private prescription, will I get it back again when the goods are delivered?
- Who do I contact if I have a complaint?
- Do I have to pay for any returns?
Do I have to pay the costs for post and packaging?
There are no charges for postage if you send at least one prescription with your order. Ordering via the dm pharmacy concession (Pharma Punkt) is also free. Insofar as you order only non-prescription medicines, there is a flat-rate charge of 3.95 euros if the order is less than 29 euros in value. This can be easily avoided by enclosing your health insurance fund prescription.
Is there a minimum order amount?
No, there is no minimum order.
How do I pay?
- Simply and conveniently with direct debit
- Alternatively you can also pay by bank transfer.
- An online order is only possible at Europa Apotheek if you pay by direct debit (Lastschrift).
- It is not possible to pay by credit card or cash on delivery.
Do I have to make a foreign transfer?
No. Your payment is made to the German account: Deutsche Bank Pforzheim Sort code 66 67 00 06 Account number 0 14 80 98 00
If I send the pharmacy a private prescription, will I get it back again when the goods are delivered?
Yes, with a signed copy of the prescription for your records.
Who do I contact if I have a complaint?
Call the service number 0180.2276225*. *0.06 euro per call from German landline phones, costs may differ for mobile phones.
Do I have to pay for any returns?
- No, the costs are paid by Europa Apotheek Venlo.
- Please contact the pharmacy beforehand in any case.